Visit just Los Haitises National park starting from Samaná Port. Come with us and visit the most beautiful national park of the Dominican Republic, Visiting Mangroves, Caves and San Lorenzo Bay plus crossing the gorgeous Samaná bay. Then Back to Samaná port.
After this experience, you will get Back to Samaná port.
- Fees included
- The guide provides instruction and Supervision
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Los Haitises Tour + Caves and Pictographs
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- All activities
- Local guide
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Lunch Not Included, For lunch include picking one of these trips: Los Haitises + Cayo Levantado from Samaná Port or Los Haitises + Cano Hondo from Samana Port.
Departure & Return
The traveler will get a meeting point after the Reservation Process. Tours start and Finished in our meeting points.
What To Expect?
Get your tickets for visiting Los Haitises National Park with a wonderful lunch at Caño Hondo and Swimming at the Natural Springs.
Starting from Samaná port onboard of a Boat or Catamaran with a Local tour guide we pass Samaná bay to Sabana de la Mar side to Visit one of the most beautiful national parks of the Dominican Republic. The Haitises National Park.
Visiting Island with birds around. In the nesting season, we can even see the Pelicans chicks on the nests. Getting more inside of the rocky Island and visiting the Caves with pictographs and petrographs from the indigenous people.
The tour, organized by “Booking Adventures” starts at the meeting point set with the Tour Guide. Come with Booking Adventures and start checking some bird-filled mangroves, rolling hills of lush vegetation and caves of Los Haitises National Park.
Through the mangroves and Land at the open San Lorenzo Bay, from where you can photograph the rugged forest landscape. Look to the water to spot Manatees, crustaceans, and dolphins.
The national park’s name comes from its original inhabitants, the Taino Indians. In their language “Haitises” translates to highlands or Hills, a reference to the coastline’s steep geological formations with Limestones. Aventure deeper into the park to explore caves such as the Cueva de la Arena and Cueva de la Línea. Caves in the reserve were used as shelter by the Taino Indians and, later, by hiding pirates. Look for drawings by Indians that decorate some of the walls. After visiting Los Haitises National Park we will go back to Samaná port passing Samaná bay 30 min.
In Case you will like this trip longer we have these options:
What you should bring?
- Repellent buds
- Comfortable pants
- Hiking shoes for forest
- Sandals to the Spring areas.
- Swimming wear
Hotel pick-up is not offered for this tour.
Note: If you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/Excursion departure time, we can arrangements hotel pick-up with extra Charges. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local Tour guide to organize pick-up arrangements.
Additional Info Confirmation
- Tickets are the Receipt after paying this Tour. You can show the payment on your phone.
- Meeting Point Will be received After the Reservation Process.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.